Hallo, ich bin ein Amerikaner!

• Seite 1 von 2
21.01.2008 09:23
( Gast )

Hallo, ich bin ein Amerikaner, hat ADS. Ich würde gerne nach Deutschland zu reisen, und Deutsch lernen in Berlin. Prescription geschrieben in der amerikanischen sind nur für 30 Tage.

Für meinen Zustand düster Ich nehme dextroamphetamine. Ich habe die dextroamphetamine für 9 Jahre. Vorher habe ich Ritalin.

Wenn ich möchte den Aufenthalt in Deutschland für 30 Tage oder sogar noch länger, ich muss ein Rezept geschrieben. Ich bin nicht an das Amphetamin. Ritalin wäre zufriedenstellende Behandlung.

Unter der Rubrik, was ich finden würde, ein gutes Englisch sprechenden Arzt? Wie kann ich erwarten, zur Tragung der Arzt und der Apotheker?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
21.01.2008 19:46

Hallo Jacob,

schön, dass du dich entschieden hast, in unser schönes Land zu reisen und die Sprache besser zu lernen. Ich finde, du machst das schon ganz gut.

Berlin ist eine große Stadt. Aber wir haben in Berlin einen Gesprächskreis. Die Telefon-Nummer findest du unter http://www.adsev.de unter "Gesprächskreise" und dann dort unter "Berlin". Ruf dort einfach mal. Die Vorwahl für Deutschland ist die 0049 und dann lässt du von der Telefonnummer einfach die 0 vorne weg. Dort können die dir bestimmt einen Arzt nennen, der dir die Medikamente eventuell verschreiben könnte. Dann könntest du bei dem Arzt anrufen und nachfragen.

Sowohl Amphetamin-Saft als auch Ritalin sind in Deutschland zugelassen. Das dürfte nicht das Problem werden, wenn du von deinem amerikanischen Arzt eine entsprechende Bescheinigung mitbringst.

Sofern du von Amerika deine Medikamente mitbringen möchtest, solltest du dich nach den Einfuhr-Bedingungen erkundigen, da Ritalin in Deutschland unter das Betäubungsmittelgesetz fällt und daher nicht so einfach eingeführt werden kann.
Diesbezüglich kannst du auch mal eine "Private Mail" an usawerner schicken. Er ist ein Deutscher in den USA und kann dir vielleicht weiterhelfen. (Gell, usawerner, du hilfst da bestimmt gerne?)

Ansonsten hoffe ich, dass du mit dem klarkommst, was ich so geschrieben habe. Mein Englisch ist leider nicht so gut, dass ich dir das in deiner Muttersprache schreiben könnte.

Grüßle
Simone

Nur gemeinsam sind wir stark! - Heute schon die Welt auf den Kopf gestellt?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
21.01.2008 21:33
doppelherz ( gelöscht )

Hallo Jacob,

auch von mir ein herzliches Willkommen hier im Forum und auch in Deutschland.
Kann Simones Vorschlägen nicht hinzufügen und kann nur zustimmen, schicke usawerner eine "Private Mail" (siehe oben), er wird dir bestimmt gute Infos geben können.

Best wishes and have a nice time in Berlin
doppelherz

Antworten

Beitrag melden
22.01.2008 11:56
( Gast )

Diese Website ist nützlich. Ich habe bereits Hinweise auf Ärzte.

Ich bin leider nicht kohärent in Deutsch an. Ich bin wie ein Ire in Mexiko. Sie haben Angst, für meine sichere Rückkehr. Ich werde Weise eine Bekanntmachung in der Muttersprache und vielleicht wird diese Arbeit für mich.

Aber was ist der Preis?

Antworten

Beitrag melden
22.01.2008 18:37
usawerner ( gelöscht )

Hi Jacob,

I' m living in SC right now. My daughter is also an ADD kid - she get Metadate CD. When we traveled last year for round about 4 weeks to Germany, I' ve been asking our MD for an additional prescription. We got it without any problems and took the medicine to Germany. Actually there shouldn' t be a problem to find a english speaking MD in Germany - almost everybody speeks basic English.

You should take a copy of the prescription and a letter from your MD with you - just in case the german customs asks you for that.

In case of additional questions please feel free to write me a personal mail.

Werner

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Antworten

Beitrag melden
27.01.2008 07:07
( Gast )

I spoke with my Doctor about my trip just two days (I'm just now getting to my mail). He had actually offered to write a few prescriptions, at first. He then sort of dropped this idea. Seeing that it is dextromphetamine that I am prescribed, there is a narcotics issue that is not likely to be ignored, especially traveling alone. I read that Germany has a limit of 30 days prescription. *It is possible that I could have a triple or quadruple dose written.*

He was also more in favor of amphetamine as a substitute rather than a methylphenidate (despite me explaining this had a limited availability -- which I really don't know if this is true or not).

My concern with amphetamine is that I currently take 45mg's of Dexedrine. It never did keep me awake but Adderall did. I missed 35% of all my doctors appointments over a five year period due to sleeping in, over the last 4 years I have not had this problem once. Adderall also had a tendency to make me tense -- I would jaw clench, my head gots hot, I was nervous around other people, had less appetit. I also was more sensitive to odors (especially artificial) and pollutants (this is most likely due to the brochodilatatory affects).

The equivalent amount of amphetamine is 90mg -- if we are to assume l-amphetamine has no therapeutic value. If I were to take 45mg's this is likely to be a less than effective treatment. Either way I am risking an unenjoyable experience. No medication would invariably cut my trip short.

I have heard that dextroamphetamine is available in the Netherlands. I have never been. It is over a 200 miles from Berlin the way the crow flies. Were I able to acquire more than one months prescription, it is a trade-off between audit and culpability.

So I am on the fence about this. The Netherland are nice, anyways, it was not what I had in mind. I don't fair well with the culturally vulnerable.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
27.01.2008 14:15

Hi Jacob,

look up your private mails, there I gave you my e-mail-address. Please write me an e-mail, then I will bring you in direct contact to a doctor in Berlin. You can discuss this problem directly with her. She will make sure that you won't get in trouble with your medication during your stay in Germany.

Regards
Susanne

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.01.2008 09:35
( Gast )

Thank you. I received your message and I will be in contact with you.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
28.01.2008 09:51 (zuletzt bearbeitet: 28.01.2008 10:13)
( Gast )
In Antwort auf:
I' m living in SC right now.

I live in Pennsylvania but my mothers side of the family is from SC. Most of them immigrated from Germany in the 1700's.

A bit off topic, but is there any place in particular wherefrom Lutherans who laugh like Woody Woodpecker originate - if anyone knows? (I'm not coming on with a joke but I could try it if you like)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
25.03.2008 13:43
( Gast )

Update:

I have been to Berlin. Unfortunately the school did not allow me to enroll when I arrive dispite having informed them I would arrive a day late (do to flight schedules). I have been to Paris, Munich, Bratislava and Vienna as well and I am now in Stuttgart. In some places I have been told where I belong based solely upon guessing. I was harrassed more during my trip to Ireland by the French and French Canadians however.

In Vienna I was prescribed Ritalin (amphetamine was unavailable). The psychiatrie was helpful in this regard although it did not seem as though she had ever prescribed it before. The price was roughly the same as in the US for the appointment and the medication was about €0.33 for 10mg.

The Ritalin, unfortunately, was not effective as treatment, and from my (albiet biased) observation, seemed to increase symtoptoms. I had taken it before and was not taken by it, so to speak -- but I did not think it would have been so paradoxical.

I am looking for a psychiatrie Stuttgart now. There are only few listed. In the US Doctors have receptionists, but here I get answering machines or sometimes household memebers. So it is more difficult.

Sorry I do not post in Deutsch. I have not learned much yet.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!